We’re making communication easier, faster and more effective I’m pleased to advise parents that our school has introduced a new service, Komeer. This means that we can communicate with you more quickly and cost effectively via the Komeer app on your smartphone. We have recently signed up to trial a new communication app for parents. You will shortly receive an invitation from the school to download “Komeer” to your phone. The initial invitation to download this app will come from the school’s text-a-parent system. We intend to use this app going forward as our main communication tool. This app will be trialled over the next two weeks and we will ask parents for feedback at the end of the trial.
Help us save money by downloading the Komeer App If you have a smartphone, you can help us save money by downloading the Komeer App from your app store (Android and iPhone devices). By doing this we can send you app alerts (avoiding the cost of texts) and you can send your ‘Yes’ ‘No’ or ‘Maybe’ responses securely back.
It’s quick and easy to do. All you need are your email address, mobile number and the group name for your child school :(add group name, name used when setting up account). Just sign-up and make a request to join your children’s school. If you have trouble please see the app help web page. https://www.komeer.com/komeer-app-support/ or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have a smart device you can create an account using the Komeer web app by following this link: app.komeer.com
Instructions to download your Komeer App and Sign Up to your school:
1. Search for the ‘Komeer’ App on the App or Play Store and install onto your phone or tablet.
2. Open the App and make sure to accept ‘Allow Notifications’ in order to receive notifications to your device.
3. Tap ‘Create New Account’ button to create your new account with Komeer
4. ‘Fill in profile’ details make sure to include ‘Child’s Name’ and ‘School Name’. Tap ‘Add Child’ to add your child.
5. Your request to ‘Join the school’ will then be waiting the approval of your school. Once approved you are ready to start receiving messages and alerts from ‘Your School’
6. Once approved you will receive notifications from your school
Yours faithfully, Headteacher